INVITATION FOR BIDS
REPUBLIC OF TURKEY
CONSTRUCTION OF ANTALYA SEWERAGE SYSTEM AND REHABILITATION OF WATER SUPPLY PROJECT
EXTENSION OF HURMA WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT
Loan No: 7312-TU
Sub loan No: 11
1. This invitation for bids follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in Development Business, issue no. 659 of 31 July 2005.
2. The General Directorate of İller Bank has received a loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development toward the cost of MUNICIPAL SERVICES PROJECT. İller Bank has allocated some part of the loan to Antalya Municipality, ASAT "General Directorate of Antalya Water and Wastewater Administration" (herein after called Sub-Borrower/client) for the finance of "Construction Of Antalya Sewerage System And Rehabilitation Of Water Supply Project", and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan for the contract of "Extension of Hurma Wastewater Treatment Plant".
3. The Sub-Borrower ASAT now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the extension of Hurma Wastewater Treatment Plant from the present biological plant with a capacity of 75,000 m3/day to the future capacity of 210,000 m3/day with N and P removal, including construction works, procurement of equipment, installation, commissioning and putting into operation. The works will include new inlet pumping station, screens, grit and grease chambers, primary clarifiers, secondary clarifiers, anaerobic digesters and sludge dewatering. The construction period is 15 months, followed by 2 months of running-in and commissioning, and one year defects liability period.
All items required in the Technical Specifications must be quoted for. Otherwise, the bid may be evaluated by the Employer as non-responsive.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the international competitive bidding procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits(May 2004), and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the guidelines. Minimum criteria that shall be taken into consideration during the evaluation will be as follows;
The Bidders shall document their capability to perform the contract by fulfilling the minimum qualification criteria:
• Average annual turnover from contacting activities shall be larger than 35.0 Million EUR or equivalent over the last five (5) years;
• Financial resources and access to finance of not less than 6.0 Million EUR or equivalent;
• Having completed as prime contractor or lead partner in a Joint Venture at least one (1) biological wastewater treatment plant with Nitrogen and Phosphorus removal and with a capacity of at least 500,000 PE (60g BOD5/PE/day) or 75,000 m3/day average design flow within the years from 1992 to the latest day allowed for the bid submission.
• Having completed as prime contractor or lead partner in a Joint Venture at least one (1) contract with anaerobic digesters with a capacity of more than 15,000 m3 within the years from 1992 to the latest day allowed for the bid submission.
• Having qualified staff to perform the contract within the given construction period;
• JV partners must also demonstrate its experience in construction of biological wastewater treatment plants by having performed at least one (1) biological wastewater treatment plant with a capacity larger than 250,000 PE (60g BOD5/PE/day) or 37,500 m3/day average design flow within the years from 1992 to the latest day allowed for the bid submission.
The evaluation of Bids will take into consideration the Bid Prices as well as operation and maintenance expenses over a 15 years period.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information which they may require for preparation of their bids, and may review documents available at the following address of ALDAŞ the representative of the Sub-Borrower ASAT during working hours 09:00 to 17:00. The bidders may, upon written application to the following address, purchase a complete set of the Bidding Documents in English (drawings will be included on a CD), upon payment of a non-refundable fee of EUR 1000 or TRY 1700 (including VAT). The method of payment will be bank transfer to ASAT, Accounting Department. in the relevant bank accounts stated below referring also to Contract No. ASAT W1/A10. The fee deposited for purchasing the Bidding Documents shall by no means be returned.
Bank: Tekstil Bankası A.Ş.
Branch: Antalya Şubesi
Branch Code: 46
Account No.: 447403-4
Bank: Vakıflar Bankası
Branch: Antalya Yüzüncüyıl Şubesi
Branch Code: 313
Account No.: 2020400
The document will be hand delivered from the address stated below upon the presentation of the return receipt. Bidding Documents may be delivered by courier if requested upon submission of a Bank receipt of cargo cost born by the receiver.
7. Bids with a validity period of 120 days must be delivered to the address below at or before 24 April 2008 at 14:00 hours (local time). All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 700,000 EUR or the equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency calculated 28 days before the day of Bid opening with the beneficiary “General Directorate of Antalya Water and Wastewater Administration-(ASAT)” and with a validity of 148 days. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 24 April 2008 at 14:15 hours (local time).
ALDAŞ Altyapı Yönetim ve Danışmanlık Hizmetleri San. ve Tic. AŞ.
Mr Kıvanç B. Kuzay, General Manager
Liman Mahallesi, 2. Cadde, No: 11, 2. Kat